AZ4NORML Monthly General Meeting
Saturday, December 08, 2018 3PM – 4:20PM
Meeting called: President: Jon Gettel
Attendees: Welcome, Please sign-in!
- Mission Statement: AZ4NORML works to educate the community about the benefits of medical cannabis, the safety of responsible adult use, and the value of industrial hemp.
- Chapter Leadership:
- President: Jon Gettel Clinical Advisor: Aari Ruben
- Vice-President: Tom M Social Media Coordinator:
- Treasurer: Aaron Outreach Coordinator: Daron
- Secretary: Jon G Advisor & Honorary Chair: Robert Clark
- Announcements: Community Announcements:
- Meetup.com: Websites: AZ4NORML.org & theTPS.org
- Amazon smile- no cost to you – order and credit us, please!
- Facebook page: Please post and participate, FB Page assistant
- Compass Bank: Compass 4 your cause: link your account & waive svc fees
- Link your debit card and AZ4NORML gets a percentage
- Bringing in business partnerships & donations: Thank you Daron!
- Events: (Critical part of AZ4NORML’s community outreach)
- Mon Nov 26th: Meeting rooms confirmed for 1st half 2019
- Sat Jan 12th 3PM: AZ4NORML December Meeting
- Feb 8-10: Southwest Conference on Entheogenic Medicine
- Tempe, AZ www.eraconference.org
- Sat Feb 23th: Tucson Peace Fair and Music Festival (Date estimate)
- Sat March 30th: 2019 Blues and Brews Festival
- April 6-7: Tucson Folk Festival (moved from May)
** Any Events, concerts, or Festivals you would like us to attend let us know!
News & Information:
- Boston legal MJ company has developed MMJ pods for hot drinks
- Activists in Utah sue to block a compromise agreement for MMJ citing strong interference from the Mormon church. Agreement bans smoking and edibles and most cultivation.
- Colorado previous governor vetoed marijuana vapor lounges, new investment in cannabis businesses and adding autism to the MMJ program in 2017, governor-elect Polis plans to change that,
- US Surgeon General, Jerome Adams says marijuana schedule 1 hinders research, made the comments at a police assisted conference.
- Missouri legalizes medical marijuana
- Pennsylvania throws out all 8 marijuana research/grow applications. These apps were from the largest marijuana groups in the US and were “riddled with errors” according to the state.
- Oklahoma legalizes medical marijuana, prices are high and MJ is scarce
- AZ Navajo county pulls over a driver with 250lbs of marijuana stashed in moving boxes on I40, driver admits he was going from OR. to TX.
- Maryland is moving to ban all MMJ advertisement,
- New York Think Tank says a Marijuana tax could pay for subway overhauls.
- Altria Group, which owns Philip Morris USA is showing interest in cannabis investments, Canadian MMJ company Cronos Group confirmed the talks.