AZ4NORML Monthly General Meeting
Saturday, November 10th, 2018 3PM – 4:20PM
Meeting called: President: Jon Gettel
Attendees: Welcome, Please sign-in!
- Mission Statement: AZ4NORML works to educate the community about the benefits of medical cannabis, the safety of responsible adult use, and the value of industrial hemp.
- Chapter Leadership:
- President: Jon Gettel Clinical Advisor: Aari Ruben
- Vice-President: Tom M Social Media Coordinator:
- Treasurer: Aaron Outreach Coordinator: Daron
- Secretary: Jon G Advisor & Honorary Chair: Robert Clark
- Announcements: Community Announcements:
- Meetup.com: Websites: AZ4NORML.org & theTPS.org
- Amazon smile- no cost to you – order and credit us, please!
- Facebook page: Please post and participate, FB Page assistant
- Compass Bank: Compass 4 your cause: link your account & waive svc fees
- Link your debit card and AZ4NORML gets a percentage
- Bringing in business partnerships & donations: Thank you Daron!
- Events: (Critical part of AZ4NORML’s community outreach)
- Sat Nov 17 2PM: TPS Meeting: Guest speakers- Healing through breathwork and flotation.
- Sun Nov 18th: Yoga, Sound healing and ecstatic dance
- TPS will have a table
- Mon Nov 26th: Meeting room reservations due
- Sat Dec 08th 3PM: AZ4NORML December Meeting
- Feb 8-10: Southwest Conference on Entheogenic Medicine
- Tempe, AZ www.eraconference.org
- Sat Feb 23th: Tucson Peace Fair and Music Festival
- Sat March 30th: 2019 Blues and Brews Festival
- April 6-7: Tucson Folk Festival (moved from May)
** Any Events, concerts, or Festivals you would like us to attend let us know!
News & Information:
- Marijuana and more in the 2018 election, exciting news!
- Ohio and Wisconsin approve local measures
- New York Assembly votes to seal marijuana convictions for 800,000
- New Mexico governor-elect Michelle Grisham ran on marijuana legalization
- AG Jeff Session ‘fired’. Sessions ramped up sentences for drug offenses, Restarted asset forfeiture practices, and threatened marijuana legalization and supervised consumption services.
- Fontana, California restrictive home growing ordinance struck down San Bernardino Superior Court, required citizens to register with the city, undergo a background check, open homes to city inspectors, and pay a large fee before getting the permit to cultivate, undermining voters.
- Senator Cory Booker supports the Marijuana Justice Act that would end the Federal prohibition of marijuana.
- Oklahoma legalizes medical marijuana, prices are high and MJ is scarce
- Mexico plans to create a medical marijuana industry and allow adult use. Mexico’s Supreme Court last week ruled that an absolute ban on recreational use of marijuana was unconstitutional.
- Canada legalizes marijuana, supplies are low, Canadians should not admit to US Border Patrol that they use marijuana, they could be banned for 6 years.
- Thailand’s legislature proposing legalizing marijuana, making inroads into a region that has the death penalty for many drugs.
- Phil Boas editor of the Arizona Republic says he opposes legalization because of the debunked ‘gateway drug’ his niece was addicted to methamphetamine and alleges that was caused by marijuana: thoughts?