AZ4NORML Saturday General Meeting
Saturday, January 9th 3PM – 4:20PM
Meeting called: President: Jon Gettel and Vice President: Brittany
Secretary: Manny and Treasurer: Kathy
Attendees: Welcome!!! Please sign-in!!
- Mission Statement: AZ4NORML works to educate the community about the benefits of medical cannabis, the safety of responsible adult use, and the value of industrial hemp.
- Chapter Leadership:
- President: Jon Gettel Clinical Advisor: Aari Ruben
- Vice-President: Brittany Social Media Coordinator: Brittany
- Treasurer: Kathy Event Coordinator: Tom M.
- Secretary: Manny Volunteer Coordinator: Robert Clark
- Events: (Critical part of AZ4NORML’s community outreach)
- [PAST] Fri-Sun Dec 11th-13th: Winter Street Fair on 4th Ave.
- Mon Jan 11th: 3rd End Cannabis & Hemp Prohibition Demonstration @ PHX
- Jan 12th: Jon Speaks @ Scleroderma Support Group Meeting 1PM
- Jan 23: Tucson Psychedelic Society 1st meeting
- Feb 2-4: CHAMPS Trade Show, Las Vegas
- Feb 12-14th, 2016: Gem and Jam Festival
- Feb 27th: Tucson Peace Fair and Music Festival
- April 20th: Discuss 420 plans!!!!!!
- April 14th– 24th: Pima County Fair- Should we get a booth???
- April 27 – May 01: Arizona Regional Burn: Saguaro Man- Snowflake, AZ
- May TBD: KFMA Day 2016
- Nov 3-6th: Nat’l Harm Reduction Conf: San Diego. Scholarship by 04/01
- Any Concerts, Festivals, Events – Please let us know!
NEWS and INFORMATION:
- CA Narcotics Cop Busted With 247 of Marijuana in Pennsylvania
- British Police Promise To Not Prosecute Smokers Or Growers Marijuana
- Oregon’s 25% Recreational Marijuana Tax Begins in 2016
- Washington Marijuana Prices Decrease by Over 50%
- NCAA Easing Marijuana Use Penalties for College Athletes
- Pittsburgh to Decriminalize Marijuana Possession
- Florida Supreme Court Approves Medical Marijuana Petitions
- Man Argues DC Pot Laws Make Brownie Business Legal
- Judge Rules: Pot Credit Union Can’t Access Nation’s Banking System
- Medical Marijuana Sales Illinois surpass $1 Million in 2 months
- $1 Billion Taxes Predicted from California Marijuana Legalization
- New York MMJ Program up and running, restrictive
- Tucson City Council is Proposing Changes For Dispensaries
- US Judge denies lawsuit to create a Colorado MJ Credit Union
- USPS warns Oregon MJ business that it’s a felony to mail MJ advertising
- Delaware decriminalizes MJ, 1oz = $100 fine
- Aari Ruben: AZDHS failing to allow new conditions despite law
- CARERS Act: Please support and sign online petitions, call Congress!
- Updates and Speakers
- Trevor SSDP: Congratulations on your new position!
- Mikel Weisser: Arizona NORML Update and News
- #AZFMR: Campaign update- Offering $10 for 15 signatures!
- Merchandise: Please watch for sellable MJ gear, necklaces, hats etc
- Bob: Update on Legalization 2016, Safer Arizona and Court/Trial Support
- Probationer community service options – adding AZ4NORML
- Thank you to the 420 Social Club!!!!!!!!
- Facebook & News page: Thanks Brittany and all of our supporters!
- Members/Patients’ Recommendations:
- Dispensaries: Desert Bloom, 8060 E. 22nd St, #108
- Doctors: Medical Marijuana Recommendations
- Tumbleweeds Health Center 520-838-4430
- Caregivers: Personal Caregivers & Delivery available